Friday 11 July 2014

Pre-race excitement/nerves...

Just one more day until I take on Challenge Running's Saffron Trail Ultra, 6pm tomorrow I will be beginning a 70 mile race from Southend to Saffron Walden.
I am excited to get going now, even though the pre-race nerves have hit already! Mentally and physically I am completely ready for this, I know I've trained hard and am in the best shape I've ever been before a race.



I have a plan for the race that I'm not going to share as so much can change as you run. I don't know how much the dark will affect me. Navigation I am pretty happy with I have run most of the sections I will be doing in darkness so as long as I concentrate all should be good. With a full moon and creepy grave yards to run through it could be my fastest ever!! 

      This will be fun in the dark!!

I have been obsessively checking the weather forecast all week as though that's going to make it perfect running conditions but what will be, will be...

So give me a thought Saturday night as you tuck up warm and cosy into bed, I will be out in the Essex countryside somewhere. If you want to sponsor me please go to www.justgving.com/UltraNicki and help me raise funds for Moorfields Eye Charity.




Enjoy your weekend and happy running xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment