Sunday 9 February 2014

A happy running week

It's now been a month since I started training with a coach and it's definitely the best running decision I have made! 

Ran 40 miles last week, 206 for the year so far and have lost half a stone in weight. Also and most importantly I am running better, feeling stronger and like I keep saying having fun! 

Yesterday I ran Gt Bentley Half Marathon, it was a very windy day on an open but flat course and I had a race plan, start steady then run 9:15 to 9:30 minute/miles until mile ten then push for the last three. Consistency in pacing has always been a struggle for me so I really focused on achieving this. All went well till miles 9-11 where I slowed to 10:20 minute miles, we were running into the wind but other than that when I thought about it there wasn't any other reason why I had slowed, my legs felt ok, the rest of me felt ok, so I started to push and got back on track even managing to overtake people in the last two miles. I finished in 2:05 and am really happy with how it went.

It's now only 3 weeks until my first ultra of the year, Challenge Running's St. Peter's Way and I'm really looking forward to it... 

Thank you to Lindley for the support and encouragement over the last month.




Happy running everyone, have a good week xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment